Thursday, November 6, 2008

3 Years Ago Today......

I think I was still out of it. I'm sure I knew I had kids but that would be it. Had I known what would be in the following 3 years, I think I would've asked a nurse for more drugs. It has been incredible being me. Especially being the "Mom" me. I've been overwhelmed by thoughts of 3 years ago and thoughts of the next 3 years. The D-word has been the hardest hill I will have climbed but I would go through it a million times over for my boys. Happy Birthday my darlings, you are my breath, my heartbeat, my ginormous smile, my enormous headache, my sunshine and my true love. You have taught me much but my one lesson that I will never forget nor classify as "learning the hard way", is unconditional love. I'm glad that you are alive in these tremendous times; I'm glad you're mine. I love you.

Cole (while running thru King Soopers this morning at 6:45am to get birthday cookies for he and Kanyon's b-day parties at preschool) yelled, (while giggling so hard he could barely breathe) Mommy!!! Mommy, I farted!! I laughed so hard that I had tears. I knew this day would come. Good job, Colie, you made Mommy - and I'm sure your Uncle Gabe, very, very proud.

No comments: