Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Training to Train Has Begun!

Training for my second full marathon begins on 4/19/2011.  I need to be running 25 miles a week to begin said training.  Hmmmmm, I'm training to train.  Why do I feel like I'm planning to plan.  ...that's because I am, I guess.  So I started this TtoT last Friday.  I ran Cherry Creek Res. last time and saw a huge, fat snake.  CC is riddled with them so it wasn't too shocking however.  It is the beginning of April though, isn't it too early to dodge snakes?  The boys and I went on a walk in Lakewood on Sunday though (it was actually an adventure if you ask them) and the guy in front of us convulsed as he dodged a much smaller snake.  So sad.  He clearly suffers from snakeaphobia like my buddy Chris.  Cracks me up!  That's not nice.  I'm not that nice.  So with the notion that it's too early for the animals to come out to play while I run past them is a farce; I know this because yesterday I saw 2 inch worms (waaaayyyy bigger than an inch), a squossom (this is a squirrel hanging downwards from a tree like a possom for my friends who can't make that connection), and 8, yes EIGHT deer.  I filmed them but am too afraid to post because I think I sound like a dude.  I'll work up the courage.  I saw some huge birds but know nothing about birds so we'll just call them huge birds.  Seven more days to go so I can say that I'm just training.  Here is a picture of the deer - more like a Where's Waldo pic but for deer.

Thanks to my great friend Amy who took the boys (their first!!) and I to the Nuggets game last night, so much fun, picture to prove it below!



No comments: